Thursday, January 7, 2010

Newly built TAO office

By comparing with Google Earth I noticed other municipality offices built very recently, and now while I was looking for the websites of the subdistrict administrative organizations (TAO) in Udon Thani, the one of Ban Daeng (องค์การบริหารส่วนตำบลบ้านแดง) I not only found the website (which mysteriously disappeared one day after I found it) but also a placemark on the Thai map website Longdo. But looking at that location in Google Earth showed a mostly empty plot of land (the top left corner of the map below), but looking closely it seems that there is construction underway.

View Ban Daeng in a larger map

Since the placemark did not fit with any existing building - I even suspected the small building which turned out to be the district library - one of the photo albums on the website (even more strangely, the album is still online) gave me the clue that it must be a recently built office. The satellite image dates from 2006, and the photos showing some finishing touches on the outside of the building are from November 2008. But only after I recognized the library building in one of the photos I knew for sure the placemark in Longdo was correct.

PointAsia has slightly more up to date imaginary, since there it shows the office building with roof already, but none of the surrounding auxiliary buildings like the garage for the fire truck.

No comments: