Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Rename of Muban in Nakhon Ratchasima

Published in the Royal Gazette last Thursday was the rename of one administrative village (Muban) in Nakhon Ratchasima province. Village 1 of Tum subdistrict, Pak Thong Chai district was renamed from Ban Non Tak Daet (บ้านโนนตากแดด) to Ban Khlong Wat (บ้านคลองวัด).

As the rationale for the name change, the history of the village is quoted. Phra Thammawonnayok (พระธรรมวรนายก), chief monk of Nakhon Ratchasima province, established the temple in the village. The place was already named Khlong Wat (canal at temple) due to an ancient temple there at that time. The canal Khlong Lai (คลองไหล) passes next to the temple and is like a blood vessel for village till today. The old name had no special relation with the village and was not considered auspicious, and the new name is in fact the traditional name used by the villagers.

The name change was approved on November 10 2009 in meeting 3/2552 of the committee on name changes of province, district, subdistrict and villages (คณะกรรมการพิจารณาเรื่องการขอเปลี่ยนแปลงชื่อจังหวัด อำเภอ และตำบล หมู่บ้าน).

3 comments:

InwPeawZa said...

I very nice to meet you
I'm thai student in faculty of LAW in Kasetsart Univ.

I think your blog will give knowlegde to me ^ ^

nice to meet you again

InwPeawZa said...

Dear Mr.Adny

It amazing that Germany know about my thailad nice to meet you and I will follow your blog ^ ^

Andy said...

You are welcome. I always need more Thai readers interested in these topics, so they can help me when I misunderstand something due to my limited knowledge of the language. So don't be shy to use the comment function whenever there's anything in my posts which needs correction, or also in case I did explain something not well enough.