Friday, June 10, 2011

Amphur Bar & Cafe

I have found the perfect place for the first Changwat Amphoe Tambon blog reader meetup - the Amphur Bar & Cafe in Surat Thani. Only drawback is its location, not just a bit far off in the South of Thailand, but also already a bit outside the town center. And it will be still a long time till this event, as I am already back in Germany when this posting will become public, so no earlier than 2012. And I am still a bit reserved to go to a place which does not use the officical RTGS transcription.

But seriously, the reason for naming this bar Amphur is simply that it is located on the Amphur road (ถนนอำเภอ, literally district road), in the west of Surat Thani city. I have no idea why that street was named this way, as the district office is located on the other side of the city. But the street signs fit perfectly for my blog, now I only have to find a Changwat road and a Tambon road somewhere...

No comments: